Hot Off The Press - 2018 Speculation Tax Details
Today, the Government of BC released more details regarding the new Speculation Tax. Essentially, the speculation tax will apply to:
- Metro Vancouver
- The Capital Regional District (excluding the Gulf Islands and Juan de Fuca)
- Kelowna and West Kelowna
- Abbotsford, Chilliwack and Mission
In 2018, the tax rate for all properties subject to the tax is 0.5% of the property value.
In 2019 and subsequent years, the tax rates will be as follows:
For more details go to https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2018FIN0009-000501
- 2% for foreign investors and satellite families;
- 1% for Canadian citizens and permanent residents who do not live in British Columbia; and
- 0.5% for British Columbians who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents (and not members of a satellite family).
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.